The Sundarban is formed by the influence of the delta of the Ganga, Brahmaputra, and Meghna rivers, and it contains a vast mangrove forest and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Sundarban is the native of the Royal Bengal Tiger, saltwater crocodile, and many species of birds and marine animals. It is famous for tourists who want to experience their tour with nature and wild animals. However, if you planned for travelling to Sundarban with your senior citizen, you should worry about their safety. In this article, we will provide some safety considerations for traveling to the Sundarban with elderly parents.
- First of all, Sundarban is a wild and rugged region, and this place can be challenging for the old. The area is prone to flooding and has many waterways which can be dangerous for people who have not used houseboats or small boats for traveling. Also, the weather in the Sundarban can be unpredictable, with sudden rainstorms and strong winds that can make travel difficult. Therefore, it is essential to plan your trip carefully and ensure you have the proper gear and equipment for parenting safety.
- Another security concern in the Sundarban is wildlife. When likely to encounter a Royal Bengal Tiger are relatively low, it is important to be cautious and follow your tour guide’s instructions. Tigers are known to be more active in the morning and evening, so it is advised to avoid traveling during these times. Also, saltwater crocodiles in the Sundarban are known to be aggressive and can attack humans, so it’s important to be careful and stay away from too much water.
- Health and medical considerations are also important when traveling with old parents. Sundarban is a remote area with limited medical facilities, so it is recommended to carry a first aid kit and other medications and safety equipment. It’s also very important to make sure your parents are up-to-date on their vaccinations and have travel insurance to cover medical emergencies.
- Communication is another important aspect of traveling to Sundarban with old parents. Mobile phone coverage and internet connectivity are limited in these areas, so it is important to have a reliable means of communication in case of any difficult situation. Additionally, it is recommended to share your travel itinerary with family and friends and keep them updated on your whereabouts.
- Finally, it is important to choose a reputable and experienced tour operator while planning a Sundarban trip. An experienced tour guide will have the necessary knowledge and experience to navigate the region safely and make your trip enjoyable and memorable.
Conclusion: Traveling to the Sundarban with old parents can be a unique and rewarding experience, but it is important to take the necessary precautions to ensure their safety. Proper planning, precautions, and communication can help reduce risks and ensure a comfortable and enjoyable trip. With proper preparation, traveling to the Sundarban with elderly parents can be a once-in-a-lifetime experience that they will remember forever. Proper Sundarbans tour planning is very important for senior citizens.